The main goal of the Department of International Relations is to strengthen and support an international presence in the modern Kazakhstani artistic field.
The Department of International Relations initiates and supports exchange and ongoing professional cooperation between artists of Kazakhstan in international art communities. The main activities of the Department of International Relations are:
curatorial programs for visitors
organization of foreign exhibitions for artists at the National Museum
holding conferences, lectures and projects in cooperation with foreign museums and institutes of contemporary art
professional support of projects
provision of visa and registration support.
Programs for artists in the museum:
We initiate, organize and carry out the participation of Kazakhstani artists in international programs "artist in the museum", funded by various competitions. In addition, we accept foreign artists, providing them with appropriate working conditions and the possibility of presentation, for example, by organizing seminars.
We invite renowned experts to lecture in connection with exhibitions in the Museum, or on independent topics. During their stay, we provide our guests with the opportunity to experience the Kazakh art scene by organizing meetings and visits to the most famous art institutions.
In cooperation with foreign museums, we participate in the organization of exhibitions, lectures, conferences, we implement many other public events and projects. Employees of the National Museum of Kazakhstan take part in international scientific conferences, presentations that form the scientific image of the country. Participation in international events with exhibits from the funds of the NMRK contributes to the expansion of knowledge about the country abroad.
The framework of international cooperation of the NISC is expanding annually. The museum develops scientific cooperation with museums, archives, libraries, research institutions from far and near abroad.
Currently, within the framework of cultural and educational activities, the NM RK supports and strengthens cultural cooperation with the embassies and consulates of foreign countries of Greece, Korea, Hungary, China, Iran, Egypt, India, North Macedonia, France. Italy, America and Russia.
In the spirit of developing and expanding cooperation in the field of scientific research and popularization of cultural heritage, the following agreements were concluded between the National Museum of Kazakhstan and similar institutions of other countries:
1. National Institute for the Study of Cultural Heritage, Republic of Korea
2. Max Planck Institute for Chemistry (Germany)
3 National Museum of Vietnamese History
4. National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage of the Republic of Korea
5. Asian Cultural Center of the Republic of Korea
6. LLP "Mondo Mostre"
7. Moscow State University. Lomonosov.
8. Virtual collection of Asian masterpieces
9. Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Belarus AI Nichkasov
10. State Institution "National Historical Museum of the Republic of Belarus"
11. Korean Cultural Center
12. The Italian Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan
13. The Mexican Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan
14. Gabor Kovach Foundation. Hungary
15. Asia Pacific Carcass Association. Japan.
16. Embassy of Israel in the Republic of Kazakhstan
17. Museum of Shanghai. China
18. CJSC "LANIT". Russia
19. State Hermitage Museum. Russia
20. National Museum of Fine Arts of the Republic of Belarus
21. Historical Museum of Hong Kong
22. L.M. Sterlikov. The genetic code of the universe. USA
23. Kurgan Regional Art Museum. Russia
24. Ministry of Ancient Monuments of the Arab Republic of Egypt
25. Center for the Exchange of Cultural Monuments of Shaanxi Province
26. Ambassador of the Republic of Belarus to the Republic of Kazakhstan. Exhibition "From Lisbon through Minsk, Moscow, Astana to Vladivostok".
27. Center for Islamic Studies. King Faisal. Saudi Arabia.
28. British Council at the British Embassy
29. Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan
30. Emperor Qin Shi Huang Museum, Shaanxi Cultural Exchange Center
31. Ministry of Ancient Monuments of the Arab Republic of Egypt
32. Embassy of Mexico in the Republic of Kazakhstan
33. Embassy of Lithuania. Exhibition "Mysterious World"
34. Embassy of Japan. 100 modern Japanese designs
35. Institute of Archeology and Ethnography SB RAS
36. National Research Institute Nara. Japan
37. Erarta Museum of Contemporary Art. Russia
38. Oriental Museum of Miniature Art. Uzbekistan
39. State Tretyakov Gallery. Russia
40. North-West Polytechnic University. China
41. Suwon Ypark Museum of Art. Korea.
42. All-Russian Museum of Decorative and Applied Folk Art.
43. Museum of the History of Shanxi Province
44. Museum of Nicholas Roerich. USA
45. Museum of the History of Gdansk. Poland.
46. Museum of the History of Azerbaijan
47. Museum of the History of Korea
48. Spain. Pablo Picasso.
49. France. Paul Sérusier and Brittany
50. US Embassy. Artists of the XIX-XX centuries in private collections in the USA
51. State Museum of Arts of Uzbekistan.
52. State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve "Kazan Kremlin". Republic of Tatarstan.
53. Ethnographic Museum, Budapest.
54. National Museum in the Sultanate of Oman
55. National Archaeological Museum of the Republic of North Macedonia
56. Turkey, Ankara
57. Museum of Anatolian Civilizations
58. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59. Department of Museums of Malaysia
60. Kraft Pavlova Foundation
61. Embassy of the Czech Republic
62. Embassy of the People's Republic of China
63. Embassy of the People's Republic of China
64. Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt
NM RK invariably continues to work on the implementation of previously established international contacts in the field of museum work on the organization and holding of international exhibitions, joint research, cultural and educational projects.
The National Museum of Kazakhstan, with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan, has developed a unique project "The Procession of the Golden Man in the Museums of the World" aimed at establishing the fundamental principles, ideas and approaches to the formation of cultural policy in the field of popularization, preservation and development of national culture. The concept of the project was developed in accordance with the program article of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev "Seven Facets of the Great Steppe". The image project "Procession of the Golden Man through the Museums of the World" was implemented in twelve countries of the near and far abroad, during 2018:
And during 2019, in museums:
Skopje. North Macedonia
Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia
where economic and cultural contacts were shown in the vastness of Eurasia in antiquity, the Middle Ages and in the present. The procession will continue its journey this 2020. The exhibition presents artifacts that characterize the culture and life of nomads, modern achievements are used that convey the atmosphere, create the feeling of any era. The exposition of the national heritage is carried out in the context of global cultural values and clearly demonstrates the contribution of nomad Kazakhs to the development of human civilization from the time of the Sakas and Huns to the present day.
Exhibition title: “The Great Steppe: Space. Time. Culture ”The exposition of the exhibition under the project“ The March of the Golden Man through the Museums of the World ”is planned to be placed in the buildings of state and national museums of India, Indonesia, Lithuania, America and Germany.
For certain reasons, the modern world is moving towards integration. Now the world is a single whole and this has expanded the scope of international relations.